Weep hole under water pump?

But it only leaks at start up. Once engine warms up stops .

Is it particularly cold where you live? Someone else on here has had the same problem, leaked a little the first couple of times he started the bike, but went away once it was warm. I recall his stopped leaking, but he keeps spare seals in case..... It was quite cold where he was from..... If yours is leaking constantly, I would do as 'bluebeast' says, replace seal, check shaft for wear.

The guys are right. This is normal! You do have to replace the water pump seals. side cover gasket and the water pump shaft. I am on my 4th set. It wont be long before you will start leaking while you are riding. Just order the parts and do it. The water pump seal has no lube and the plastic eats the shaft when it is hard and cold. ?

The guys are right. This is normal! You do have to replace the water pump seals. side cover gasket and the water pump shaft. I am on my 4th set. It wont be long before you will start leaking while you are riding. Just order the parts and do it. The water pump seal has no lube and the plastic eats the shaft when it is hard and cold. ?

So has anyone (Ty Davis, Boysen, etc...) come up with a long term solution to this? Seems quite a waste to just keep replacing the inferior parts with the same inferior parts. ? You'd think Yamaha would have addressed this themselves by now... ?

I run the Boyesen pump and they have no long term solution either. I think the trick is to get a custom water seal with a teflon bushing pressed on the shaft and located with a flange. The other trick might be to send the shaft out to be plasma teflon coated at the seal surface. But that will wear out eventually. ?