HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kx5

2wd wr450

8 posts in this topic

I would love to have a 2WD bike there wouldn't be many thinks that could stop it. It is pricey though $12,000 I think!

thats nuts i cant belive how much the thing costs but i think it would be fun i have not found much on it yet though it is not in yamahas web site yet

From what I've read in the past...it definately helps in slippery conditions driving out. Been used before in paris/dakar races. Basically the front wheel is drivien hydraulically...or some such liquid. When the bike rev's up...it spins the front wheel...maybe 10-20% power of the rear wheel. I don't know all of the specifics.

Me? I can't get out of my own way with one wheel putting down power. You think I'm stupid enough to pay $12K for a bike where I can run myself over with both wheels? I don't think so. :cry:

I would love to buy one. :cry: I can't afford it though. :cry: I read about it in dirt rider mag, sounds great. A few more years, they will all be 2wd. Then, we will nostalgicaly(?) buy "old school" rear wheel drives from the 90's (and again pay too much) :cry: