HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dualsport newbie

1st leak

7 posts in this topic

Well, looks like with 450 miles on her I have my first leak. Looks like i'm leaking at the top of the Oil Strainer Nut just below the frame oil drain bolt. Anyone else had this on an XR650L. Should I just tighten it up? Is there a washer or somthing that might be bad? The bike was not leaking a drop until today and I've never even touched the oil strainer nut??????? Interesting??? Any thoughts?

DN: If you don't have a Honda Service manual...get one....You want a solid info source for working on your L.

(I have an extra manual for an 05 if you need one) :cry:

I just checked my Clymer manual and the strainer nut does have an O-ring. If its loose, try snugging it up to see it that stops the leak. If it doesnt, you'll have to drain the oil and replace the O-ring.

DN: If you don't have a Honda Service manual...get one....You want a solid info source for working on your L.

(I have an extra manual for an 05 if you need one) :cry:

Yeravener

If you still have that manual I am interested, I have an 04 XR L.

Thanks for looking out for your fellow red riders!

Always, SoCal.

Yes, I still have it wrapped in the celo. PM or email me and we can hash the logistics. What part of socal are you located in? I am in the Antelope Valley.

What part of socal are you located in? I am in the Antelope Valley.

I know you werent talking to me, but....... me too. :cry: