HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Domenic_WRF

05 WR450 Questions

13 posts in this topic

Work Connection frame guards for the '04 fit perfectly on the '05. But as far as triple clamps go, I bought Applied top clamp (Wrap) for an '04 and it didn't fit the new fork tubes after being told that it would. I couldn't believe that a company like Applied would sell something that they didn't check out first. I'm sure it will be a while before a clamp co. has one available since they will need to make a new mold.

Thanks..picked up the bike, looks great.. :cry: feels like about half the power of my 400. The dealer gave me a yz throttle stop, but no gtr end cap yet :cry: Getting ready to dial in the carburetor, won't ride it until the armor is on..(hit tree's).. :cry: The handle bars even feel good on this bike.. :cry:

Dom, i rode a 04 450, with all the mods and a GYTR insert and liked the feel but the power was different. Seemed a little higher geared than the 400's but not a huge jump in power. Let me know once you get it dialed in what your thoughts on the power are. I am going to jump ship and step it up to a 525 orange bike or maybe a 300 smoker.

Had my bike sold till the guy realized his wife spent the money on some stupid property taxes.

Dom, i rode a 04 450, with all the mods and a GYTR insert and liked the feel but the power was different. Seemed a little higher geared than the 400's but not a huge jump in power. Let me know once you get it dialed in what your thoughts on the power are. I am going to jump ship and step it up to a 525 orange bike or maybe a 300 smoker.

Had my bike sold till the guy realized his wife spent the money on some stupid property taxes.

I rode the KTM 450 SX and EXC 2004's, they had less power than my 400. The only bikes that ran as good or better were a 02 400SX and a 03 525SX. The WR's tuned to YZ specs are runners, it will take some time get the bike to where I want. The lack of throttle responce may save my old body.. :cry: Some people need to set priorities, the property tax could have waited.. :cry: Take care

Domenic

Every time I look at this bike I find somehting weird.. :cry: I have a D756 rear tire and a D739 front.. :cry: seems like it should be reversed, any other 05 with this combo? Going to re-jet the bike right now and lube the steering head bearings. The front fender is out of alignment with the tire, going to see whats going on with that. Merry Xmas :cry:

Domenic

Dom did you ever get on a 300 exc or a 525 exc?

525 EXC best all round bike I have ever riden :cry: never rode a two stroke ktm. I'm too heavy and slow now for a two stroke.. :cry:

I jetted and uncorked the 450, it runs like a 450 should now.. :cry: