HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
inte

difference between WR 400 & YZ 426?

3 posts in this topic

What's the difference between these models? New to Yamaha.

Is it anything like the difference between an XR 400R & the XR 400L (is one more street-oriented & the other more race-bred)?

26 ccs? whoops. I have a 450 and had a 426 before that the 426 went like a rocket especially a mean strek at half throttle.The 450 is smoother and torquer and i think a little easier to ride.But there nothing like the 426 to scare the crap out of you when you least exspect a big hit.The 400 goes o.k but the the 426 is mean and would take one over the 400 any day .Do i prefer the 450 over the 426 ? that is a hard call.The electric start is great but there was just something i loved about my 426 maybe someone could convert the 426 to electric start the i would go back.( must be getting old? _). Sorry for the long reply but it's a bit more to think about. Go the 426.

there isnt such diffrence as with R an L

they are both competition bikes suited to their environments - track, woods and both can be used elswhere with little mods and better rider capability