HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr. Motocross

New Euro FMX650 Announced by Honda/Montesa

19 posts in this topic

FMX650

http://world.honda.com/news/2004/image/2040914_5_l.jpg

http://world.honda.com/news/2004/image/2040914_4_l.jpg

The new FMX650 is a dual sport model featuring an air-cooled, four-stroke, single-cylinder, 650cc engine and super motard styling. With fun motoring as its design concept, the FMX650 is equally at home in the city or out on the highway.

Starting in spring 2005, the FMX650 will be released in a wide range of European markets. The FMX650 is manufactured by Honda affiliate Montesa Honda S.A. of Spain, and annual European sales are projected to reach 7,000 units.

I have to say that looks like a pretty sweet street bike but how the hell can they call it a dualsport bike??? :cry: With that setup youd be lucky to make it on open fire roads much less the trails. :cry:

Christ you guys are harsh! The Brits could get these lets hope they're safe. Remember they are our allies

Bleh. Nothing irritates me quite like radiator shrouds on an aircooled bike. The whole thing screams "form without function" to me.

Yep Honda does it again......but instead of the BNGs (Bold New Graphics) they decide to slap a set of street wheels and tires on a 650L. Why does the BRP motor get no love. You would think Honda would take a look at say "Yamaha" and calculate how many freakin Raptor 660s are running around and get with the program. Slap the pig motor in a decent quad frame and it would sell. Also why is it that Suzuki and KTM are the only ones who realize the market potential of a factory motard?? It's not like Henry and Wardy aren't winning every week or anything... :cry:

Is there a performance advantage to having the dual pipes .... or is it just cosmetic? Unless a dual system gives a torque/hp boost, it seems like the added weight would just slow you down.

As for the new bike - it looks a lot like a KTM or Husky SM. I wonder how performance would match-up against the Husky SMR450, which has a dry weight of just 240 lbs and has been through several rounds of suspension and engine refinements over the years.

how the hell can they call it a dualsport bike??? With that setup youd be lucky to make it on open fire roads much less the trails.

Perspective.. Over at the adventure tourers forum they think an R1150GS is a fire road bike.

Perspective.. Over at the adventure tourers forum they think an R1150GS is a fire road bike.

LOL :cry::cry:

hey headtrauma,

i agree with you 100%. no function, just more things to bust and get in the way. plus they are uggggglllllllyyyyyy. if ya want radiator shrouds then by a freakin water cooled bike.....

i don't ride no uuuggglllyyy bike. Kaos :cry::cry::D:cry::cry::lol::D:lol::D:D:cry: