Header heat shield

Do you still have the stock one? If you do, use some hose clamps and a couple pieces of metal bent in a "U"

Drill a hole for the screw one side of the "U" and stick the other side under the clamp. Cheap and works great.

I had one of the E-line carbon fiber ones and it was almost 3 times the weight of the stock one and cost $100 ?

I have run header wrap on all our bikes for the past few years. It works great and holds up great, well assuming you dont shed it with the power washer. I wrap all the way to the silencer since it helps to minimize the heating of the carb and the shock resevoir too.

an unprotected pipe will not only burn your pants, but will also cause 3rd degree burns if you are unlucky enough to get stung by it.

Look on the web for DEI header wrap. They also make stainless steel zip tie clamps for the wrap to secure it to the header and midpipe. TT store sells the wrap, and might even be able to get the SS clamps for it too. A 50' roll of 2" wrap will wrap 2 - 3 bikes, so you can replace it later on. DO NOT spray it with the pressure washer. ?

It's good stuff and well worth doing.