HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cgaluter

chain and sprocket type

4 posts in this topic

I will be buying my chain and sprockets for my 04 YZ450. For the rear sprocket, what type I should get, aluminum or steel and what brand name? And for the type of chain, I guess the DID X-ring may be the best choice??? I ride mostly on the MX track and only a beginner/novice rider. What type of chain rivet tool is the best buy for the money?

I just purchased Rental sprockets (alum) and a DID ERT Racing Chain for my 02 426 got a great deal , on clearance for $124, but no free shipping, I haven't installed anything,but I have shopped around cant beat the deal.Send me a pm,I will give you the add.

IMO, Ironman sprockets are the best thing going.

I'd average four months on a good set of Renthals. I've got over a year an a half on an Ironman and it looks like I can easily get six more months out of it.

go with the iroman sprockets-they're steel but almost as light as aluminum and they have a 1 year wear warranty-have them on my 04 450 since last feb. they are showing no signs of wear (I ride/race atleast one every week) as for the chain-moto or off road? moto i'd run a did520ert gold , offroad i'd run a didgold xring chain :cry: