Tire Question????

I just put a set of Dunlop 756 tires on my 450F. I came into a problem with the rear tire, and was wondering what to do about it if anything. On one section of the tire the sidewall sits further down on the rim. Like the bead is set too low in that one spot. To try and fix the problem I let all the air out and tried to re-set the way the tire set on the rim. This helped some, but you can still notice the problem. You can see it the most when you look from the top of the tire, and spin it while on the stand. It makes the tire look narrower in one spot. Is this going to be a problem when riding, or will the inertia of the rotation set the bead in the right place once I start to ride on it. After all, I dont want the bike to handle like crap or vibrate.

How much air did you use to :seat the bead"Did you use soapy water to help?It needs to be fixed try letting the air out again and spry some soapy water in check the rim lock,and air that puppy up to about 50lbs and see what happens.

How much air did you use to :seat the bead"Did you use soapy water to help?It needs to be fixed try letting the air out again and spry some soapy water in check the rim lock,and air that puppy up to about 50lbs and see what happens.

Yeah what CRFTumper said, fill the tire up and pop the bead out and than adjust the pressure back down to what you normally ride at.

Thanks.... I was thinking about bringing the pressure up like that, but wasnt sure how far to go with it.

I would go with what CRF says. Got to air it up a bunch and use the liquid detergent!

Ditto

I would take the valve out of the stem though, let all the air out and brake the bead all around both sides

Instead of Soapy water, saturate the entire rim and bead area with Windex both sides and inflate until you see the bead pop in all the way around. It may take up to 60 lbs PSI to do this. Don't worry the tube will handle it.

Once the bead is in place, just let all the air out, put the valve back in and set the pressure accordingly

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Ditto

I would take the valve out of the stem though, let all the air out and brake the bead all around both sides

Instead of Soapy water, saturate the entire rim and bead area with Windex both sides and inflate until you see the bead pop in all the way around. It may take up to 60 lbs PSI to do this. Don't worry the tube will handle it.

Once the bead is in place, just let all the air out, put the valve back in and set the pressure accordingly