My ORV sticker won't stick!?!

I tried to put the new ORV sticker on my WR high on the fork tube and it won't stick! Either the dealer put so much greasey polish on it that it wont adhere, or the fine grooves that run around the tube are preventing good contact. So where the hell should I mount this thing? The law says it has to be visible while riding and preferably on the fork tube. ?

Johnny

I just use clear packing tape. I cover the sticker with plastic wrap first so that the tape won't stick to the sticker (in case I want to remove it and tape it back on again). The plastic wrap isn't really necessary, though.

I don't remove the "peel off" thing on the back of the sticker.

Go to your local Home Depot and get a fluorescent light bulb protector tube. They are made of thin clear plastic. Cut a piece of the tube long enough to fit where you want it to fit on your fork tube, then make a slit all the way down it lengthwise. Now you cans slip it over your fork and stick the sticker to that. It will stay with no problems and you can remove it when you need to like when you take the forks off to service them. Been doing this for years.

I don't know where you live, but it may be too cold for the glue. Wipe the fork with alkohol, then try using a hair dryer to heat the fork up till it's nice and warm (like 80' F or so) put the sticker on, then blow it some more, while rubbing any air bubbles out of it. It'll stick. Just don't get it TOO hot.

Go to your local Home Depot and get a fluorescent light bulb protector tube. They are made of thin clear plastic. Cut a piece of the tube long enough to fit where you want it to fit on your fork tube, then make a slit all the way down it lengthwise. Now you cans slip it over your fork and stick the sticker to that. It will stay with no problems and you can remove it when you need to like when you take the forks off to service them. Been doing this for years.

? That is a freakin' great idea. I would have never thought of that.

Beef: It is a little cold here and I think the greasey polish plus the cold is what's doing it. I've got some isopropyl alchohol wipes that should clean her off real good.

Johnny

Hey Johnny, I just noticed you are from Oregon. What part? I am from the Portland area, but have done some riding near Bend, as well as the dunes. I would imagine the eastern part of the state would be a lot like it is here in Boise.

Hey Johnny, I just noticed you are from Oregon. What part? I am from the Portland area, but have done some riding near Bend, as well as the dunes. I would imagine the eastern part of the state would be a lot like it is here in Boise.

I'm from Kalifornia originally and been in Portland since 2000. Two guys I work with have been begging me to finally get a dirtbike and ride with them. I can't wait to break in my WR and hit the trails with them. I think we're gonna start with Browns Camp in Tillamook and go nuts. I can't wait!

Riding in the forrest will be a big change from the high desert near Victorville, CA. I just need to take it easy at first.

Johnny

P.S. sorry for hi-jacking the thread ? wait a minute, this was my thread!!! Nevermind.

Browns Camp rocks. That's where I learned to ride! There are MANY trails, with difficulty from beginner to XXX. Just keep in mind that most are single lane trails with blind corners, and there are idiots that fly through there with no regard to other riders. As long as you are fully aware of your surroundings, you'll have a great time though.

I can't wait 'till next summer, so I can visit family and go for a ride at Browns Camp...I'll prolly save half the day for Sand Lake too, which is just about a half hour further west.

The idea of using packaging tape to cover the sticker or mounting the sticker on any other surface and then attaching it to the fork tube for future quick removal is not a good idea in California. I am a volunteer at Hungry Valley SVRA and the rangers get very suspicious of these mounting methods and will detain you until they run the registration on your bike and then probably issue a citation for improper mounting.