HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Desertskyy

XR650R head light Bulb

5 posts in this topic

About a year ago I picked up some great info here on TT where a member found a 25watt dual filament bulb that had the same flange as the stock XR650R bulb. You take a soldering iron and run piece of solder between both of the filament posts and you end up with a 50watt bulb. The bulb # is

A-3606 I located a bulb last year (The only one the shop had) and it works great and the head light is much brighter. I have been looking for a spare but have not found a place that sells the A-3606 Has anyone done this mod and do you know where I could locate a couple of bulbs. I located a bulb shop on the net but they want you to spend about $30.00 per order. The first bulb cost me $2.50

Thanks

This 3606, is it a Halogen? if not, don't waste your time, Baja designs has a replacement lens & 55 watt halogen bulb setup, it works very well with the stock stator.

I think you can also get this setup from Honda , but I don't know for sure.

This is what I'm running, the next step up demands a stator upgrade.

Does this use a H4 bulb? Will the lens replace the stocker, or do you have to use a baja design mounting/number plate?

Thanks.

loufish thanks for the reply. The Baja designs unit is about $55.00 The bulb that I am looking for is about $3.00 and at 50 watts it works real well. It is not a halogen. Also when you have a dual filiment bulb if one filament blows out you still have a 25watt bulb to get you home. I was trying to avoid buying the Baja designs unit and save my money for something else.

The search continues.

I found a dual filament light at Napa that is 55watts. It has the same flange, and I could solder them together, but I think that would be too much wattage for the plastic lens?