HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goosedog

YZ flywheel weight

25 posts in this topic

After another YZ rider's endorsement today I've decided I'm definately getting a flywheel weight for mine to tame it down in the woods. Where should I go on-line to look for one? I've heard there is more than one aftermarket supplier and also that a WR flywheel can be used. Give me some input all you YZer's.

Another vote for 12 oz steahly for the same reason as MX Cowboy-- pop the old one off & pop the new one on :cry:

Then when you are ready to make the almost perfect dirt bike perfect put a rekluse auto clutch on it! :cry:

Anyone know who makes the heaviest flywheel weight? I will probably flattrack my 450 this summer(even with my new shifter kart purchase).

Why is it better to use the complete Steahly flywheel vs. the Ty Davis drill and tap kit? I saw both for the 426 on their website.

i would say the one piece would definately be balanced perfectly while the bolt on may be a crap shoot,also thats one less thing to go wrong if the bolt on ever came undone it could be bad. i don't think the price is that much different for the whole piece i think i paid $150 for the last one. :cry:

when i took the starter gear off it was spooling up way too fast with the rekluse and i needed to replace the weight i took off the only one offered for the 04 wr450 is 6 and 8 i went 8, but in your case i'd go +12oz,with 13/50 gearing. chucks stuff is great quality and worth whatever it costs. rocky mtn. carries it for $180 :cry:

I just ordered one for my 05 and it was 149 + shipping. I got the Stealthy +10oz full flywheel. It was $50 more than the drill and tap model. For that extra piece of mind I'll pay the $50. I can't wait to ride it this spring.

The 8oz weld on has just as much effect as the 12oz whole (non-welded)flywheel

becasue the weight is closer to the outside

Thanks Bob, did you go with the 12oz? BTW, they're up to $200 now.

I have a complete 12oz steahly for sale. One year old No need for it after the z-start install

PM if you are interested

Dan

I have a complete 12oz steahly for sale. One year old No need for it after the z-start install

PM if you are interested

Dan

Yeah, I'm interested....Pm'd you yesterday :cry:

goosedog:

I have an 01 YZ-426. Last year I installed the 12oz. stealthy and just love the difference.

*Gone in the stalling when on the tight trails. :cry:

*Gone is the hard hit. :cry:

*Gone is the excess wheel spin. :cry:

I now have a bike that likes the trails as much as I do. :cry:

I also put on a rear sprocket with three more teeth. And I did the 450 exhaust cam mod as well.

Boyd