HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian M

New 05' WR 450 What to do?

6 posts in this topic

Just got my 05' WR 450. Pulled the exhaust insert and sparkarrestor, pulled gray wire, and got the YZ throttle stop. Should I Cut the holes in the side of the air box, or rejet first? If I should rejet, what kit should I use?

Thanks,

Brian M

Holes in airbox is NFG if you do water crossings or soggy MX tracks you could tape them off for conditions but opened you hear induction noise and adds to the total noise produced. bring plenty of filters and the holes will let you know that you did not attach the filter properly.

Just got my 05' WR 450. Pulled the exhaust insert and sparkarrestor...

Exactly how much do you think you'll gain by removing the spark arrestor? Try being a responsible rider and put it back in. The miniscule performance drop is not worth the chance of starting a forest fire, being banned from public lands or of giving the greenies any more arguments against us. Think like your actions reflect on us all because they do.

RADRick

www.mcjournalist.com

I have all intentions of replacing the spark arrestor, but the assembly alone seems a little thin. I am in the process of making a new plate to help support the spark arrestor without breaking it. Do you know if anyone makes a plate for that or have you had any problems with yours cracking or breaking with the insert out?

Looked pretty sturdy to me. I don't think you'll have a problem with it. Just putin all the spacers w/o the baffle.