New 05' WR450, What to do???

I just purchased a new 05' WR 450. I live in soCA and have done a few things. I pulled the gray wire, installed the YZ throttle stop, and pulled the baffle and sparkarrestor out of the exhaust. Should I cut the holes out of the airbox on the side or should I rejet first? If I should rejet What kit should I use?

Thanks,

Brian M

Ok, don't cut the holes out yet. I got a bit crazy with the dremel and cut them out before I even decided if I needed to. With the snorkle pulled out there is a significant increase in air intake. The problem with the side holes is one, it let's more water in and two, increased noise. Rejet and see how it runs. If you need some more air I would suggest those little round rubber UNI pre filters deals. They look to be about 1" dia. and you can drill the holes and install the little filters as needed. Don't do it just 'cuz the pre-cuts are marked. You and I live in the very sound conscience SoCal. Believe it or not the more open your airbox the louder your bike will be. Put the Zip Ty fuel mixture screw on 'er ($20 bucks you can buy it on this website or John Burr carries them). Otherwise it sounds like you got it. I also put a Twin Air filter on mine.

Hey Burley,

Was it you that was having bike problems a week or so ago, wasn't running good? After all the mods you did, what did you do to fix your problem? Since you've made a lot of changes to your bike, carb and plastic, I have another question for you. Do you know if one of the plastic companies sells a front number plate (no light), and rear fender (no light) that will fit on the '05 WR450 using the stock brackets and such? If you don't I'll make this question a new thread. Thanks

Hey Burley,

Was it you that was having bike problems a week or so ago, wasn't running good? After all the mods you did, what did you do to fix your problem? Since you've made a lot of changes to your bike, carb and plastic, I have another question for you. Do you know if one of the plastic companies sells a front number plate (no light), and rear fender (no light) that will fit on the '05 WR450 using the stock brackets and such? If you don't I'll make this question a new thread. Thanks

Take a look at that thread about my carb problems. I believe they were self induced! Use a YZ front plate and rear fender from any of the plastics companies. My plate is Acerbis. You have to do a wee lil' bit of trimming on the rear fender to make room for the coolant overflow bottle. Works fine!