Got my new WR450!!!

Rode it briefly on my trails in my property and I can feel the beast within. :cry: I took out the insert and I got the YZ throttle stop screw to be switched. Pulling the snorkle out and putting on the guards, heavy duty tubes etc before going on a killer ride next Wed and Thur.

In the short ride I did I can tell this is the best bike for the Big Island... :cry:

Awesome!! Hey TC how were the waves over the last few days?? I heard there was some monster surf heading your way

Awesome!! Hey TC how were the waves over the last few days?? I heard there was some monster surf heading your way

As I was flying to Kona to pick up the bike I snapped this shot of the west side of Molokai. That white water down there is the result of waves with 40 foot faces...Big Waves...

I remember when you first started posting and were homeless.

Glad to see things have turned around for you.

Congratulations on your new bike.

How many bikes do you have?

How many bikes do you have?

03 KDX 220

05 WR450

04 XR 650L

05 YZ 125

04 CRF 250X

05 TTR 125

When its a long highway ride with some exploring I take the XR650L. For Big Island riding all around I got the street legal WR450. For blasting around in our property I ride the CRF250X which is street legal too. My wife will ride the TTR125 and I'll play on it. The YZ125 is for Oahu trails. The KDX 220 is for a back up bike. I've only rode it once up a hill for someone.

I remember when you first started posting and were homeless.

Glad to see things have turned around for you.

Congratulations on your new bike.

:cry::cry::cry:

Thanks Beez... Come ride it... :cry:

Someday I'll take you up on your kind offer.

And I guarantee you'll get some more practice riding your KDX up hills for some main land howly.

Does howly work in that sentence? I got it from a Hawaii 5-0 episode and always wanted to use it.

BTW like I said come out and visit NYC and beezerland. We don't have anything like you have but we have our own torture ride.

Welcome to the blue side TC! You're going to love riding that bike in the tight technical stuff! Keep the pictures coming!!!!! :cry:

Hey TC great to see you on our forum! :cry:

What happened to the new CR250X? :cry:

Or do you buy a new bike every 6 months? I know you know how to drown them. :cry:

How much is removed from the throttle stop screw??? I'm trying to ifnd the list of free mods for the WR450.

Thanks!

What happened to the new CR250X? :cry:

Still ride it whenever I go to the Big Island. Its my "Yard" bike. I ride it in my yard. Its a great bike for my 10 acre 1/2 forest 1/2 lawn property. I have lots of fun with it... :cry:

I was told by several members here to remove 11MM. I cut mine earlier this week. I was so careful to not remove any more than 11mm that I only cut about 9-10mm and it now has almost more throttle than I can handle!!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry: I found that cutting it will save you $12 to $13 over a YZ screw.

I don't know the overall dimension after the cut is made though??? Anyone???

Thsnkd for the tip. The saw is coming out tonight!!! :-)

Rode it briefly on my trails in my property and I can feel the beast within. :cry: I took out the insert and I got the YZ throttle stop screw to be switched. Pulling the snorkle out and putting on the guards, heavy duty tubes etc before going on a killer ride next Wed and Thur.

In the short ride I did I can tell this is the best bike for the Big Island... :cry:

Can you tell me about pulling out the 'snorkle' (where, how, etc)? What are the 'heavy duty tubes' about? :cry:

I figure that the snorkle is the dual 'tubes behind the battery going into the airbox. They would cut down the airflow significantly.

Thats it. The airbox also needs to be opened up and I cut the throttle side number plate opening to get better airflow.

The instructions are on the 250 WR FAQ section.

Flying out today with Puinsai_5 and Duane to the Big Island and gonna do a 2 day adventure ride. Everything from Alpine volcano craters, thick jungle single track, ocean side lava fields to high mountain forests. I will "Break In" the WR450 in true fashion! :cry: Full report in 4 days.... :cry:

I cant wait to see break in ride report post TC! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: