HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drewr6

Making a YZ street legal

3 posts in this topic

There is a great deal on a YZ426F in my area that I am looking at if I dont get a WR. Will a YZ be able to power a WR headlight and tailight so I could make it street legal? Is that even a possibility?

just put a WR lighting coil on it (pretty expensive). The stock YZ system does not make enough power to run a headlight. I thought of just putting a separate NiCad battery system and fly under the radar with it. I would just recharge the battery each day. I have all the parts already, and that is way cheaper for me. You can also go for the aftermarket lighting systems from Baja Designs /etc. Don't forget, you need blinkers, brake switches (front and rear), kickstand, key switch, horn, mirror, etc....

It can really add up after you are done.

It can be done with a WR stator and flywheel, but just getting a WR instead of a YZ to start with would be a better option. The WR tranny spacing is better suited to dual-sport use.

Getting either titled in WI might be the hardest part though. :cry: