shavings in the oil filter??

Hey i changed the oil on my YZ426 the other day for the first time and i took the oil filter out and notice some metal shavings in there real fine nothing big also saw some little black shavings too.. um i cleaned the oil filter and all put installed it but i was woundering if this is normal wear and tear on this bikes i'm still kinda new on owning one of these badboys so i dunno..bike still seems to run pretty good i don't see really any smoke riding..anyway so i dunno i hope it's just normal wear and tear and nothing serious going on in there i''ve always checked the oil and seem full... ?

I would recommend changing your oil every 3 rides. Change your oil filter every two oil changes. What kind of oil filter do your currently have? Are you re-using the OEM/paper one's? There are lots different thoughts on this subject and the frequency associated w/ it.

Just my $.02

hey guys thanks for your answers ummm well i belieave it was like 4 or 5rides ago i last changed it and had the dealership ... and i belieave it's just the oem filter that's in it i was looking at twin Airs oil filter not sure probably not reuseble but i dunno if anyof u guys ever used those but maybe just buying a couple Oem Filters and just rotate them around and clean if needed but ya i was thinking it was normal for the shavings i just wanted to make sure there wasn't all that much.. but thanks for the reply guys i'll just keep up on my oil changes i used Mobile one Synthitic 10w40 this time wasn't the red cap like u guys was saying but it was made for 4cycle motorcycles ...i was looking at Royal purple for motorcycles any of u guys tried that oil? anyway thanks