Shorten wheelbase

:cry: I wanted to shorten the wheelbase on my 450 by running a 15 tooth front sprocket and a 52 rear. :D Does anyone know if there are any pros or cons to this set up. :lol: I figured with this set up it would be like having a 14/48 1/2 tooth gearing. :cry: My track has a lot of tight turns with big doubles and tables right out of them. I really like the stock gearing but feel that I could use a little more bottom to clear the stuff :cry: Any advice :cry: THANX!!!!! :cry:

What does that have to do with shortening your wheelbase? :cry:

Just drop 1 tooth on the front sprocket. Running a 15/52 you would probably end up increasing the length of the chain which could end up increasing the wheelbase. Also dropping 1 tooth on the front will be cheaper. Did you move the forks up some in the triple clamps? That should help your handling.

If you want to shorten the wheelbase, take a link out of the chain (measure first to make sure it's still long enough!!!). That will slide the rear wheel up a tad.

Then if tight turning is your goal, raise the forks up in the triple clamps.

Just drop 1 tooth on the front sprocket. Running a 15/52 you would probably end up increasing the length of the chain which could end up increasing the wheelbase. Also dropping 1 tooth on the front will be cheaper. Did you move the forks up some in the triple clamps? That should help your handling.

Thats the Ticket..... Especially raising the forks...That will dramatically shorten your turning radius.

Bonzai :cry:

raise the forks 4-8mm...works wonders