I want to buy your WR450 E-Button

For a variety of reasons, I understand some of my fellow WR450 owners have disconnected their E-Button and do not intend to use it. I broke mine last weekend as I reluctantly went over the handle bars crossing a creek.

If you have an E-button switch that you're not using and would like to sell it, Please let me know. I rather pay you than the local dealer.

Thanks

For a variety of reasons, I understand some of my fellow WR450 owners have disconnected their E-Button and do not intend to use it. I broke mine last weekend as I reluctantly went over the handle bars crossing a creek.

If you have an E-button switch that you're not using and would like to sell it, Please let me know. I rather pay you than the local dealer.

Thanks

Another option is to buy a kill switch from Dennis Kirk or parts unlimited and use that as your E-start button. Any kill switch will work. (Honda, Suk, etc.) They are all 2 wire hook ups. Your factory connections won't match up, but it's pretty simple to splice wires together.

I did this on both my kill switch and my Estart button. The stock ones are cheap. I broke both of mine with in the first 2 months of having the bike.

I don't have one for sale, but if you unplug your stock kill button and move it to the right side, plug it back in where the start button WAS, presto-chango. Your kill button is now your starter button. It plugs right into the harness. You can shut off your bike with the large, lighted on-off switch up by the odometer. It worked for me when my switch took a dump. ?

Jim

Thank you all for the very clever, adaptive and resourceful suggestions. I always learn something new when I read post on this particular forum. We got a great bunch of guys here that always try to help each other. I feel the power of thumpertalk.

I'm am going to hold out for the original part even if I have to buy it from the dealer.

I have lost 3 e-butons and would recommend if you want to keep using the factory switch to wrap tape around the button and that will keep the button from popping out. I was sick of spending the money every time this happened and bought a aftermarket kill switch that has 2 wires from moose that fit on KTM's and spliced it into the factory plug and plug it in, I have not had any problems since. ?

I would suggest buying an aftermarket kill button to replace the original start button. Those things are so weak that they will continually break. The standard red square kill buttons are much hardier and are a lower profile so they don't smash as easily. That's what I did with mine and all has been fine with it since.

Ditto! I replaced both my kill switch and e-start button with heavy duty kill switch buttons that are twice the size and built much better. I cut the wires behind the headlight and soldered in the new switches and wrapped with electrical tape. They have held up for a year now with no issues. The stock buttons are a poor design and wear out or even pop off in the worst times. ?

OK, I got it. I appreciate the wisdom and experience of my fellow TT members. I don't want to replace my e-button with the same. It seems many have you have been there done that before me. I will look for an after market unit that is more heavy duty. Anyone kind enough to reccomend a source.

Thanks for everyones comments, Grandville ?

Those look the same as mine they are twice the size of the stock units. I think these are standard on the YZ250 2 smokes as well. I just ran down to a local dealer at LBL and put them on same day in the middle of a long weekend of riding my stocker broke. ?

Hi gloft,

I ordered the black one shown on the far right of the Dennis Kirk site posted by my new friend Mr. "streetbikepimp". I ordered it from a place I found on an e-bay store site out of Florida, for about $ 12.95.

If it is compatible and appears beefy enough, I plan to to take the Indy's advice and solder it in. I think it will be awhile before I get to it. I have a few other things to fix ahead of it; fork seals, water pump shaft and seals. I'll let you know how it goes.