Well it finally happened!!!

Chain wore though the rubber guide and damaged my fecking swingarm (not to bad mind).......ordered a new guide, 2x new sprockets, a 14 front and a 42 rear, + a heavy duty O-Ring chain, gonna try that mod with the silicone under the guide, heard you can also use like a bike innertube??, just fold it up and clip it under the guide, nip it down at the screw points??????

Is the idea to raise the guide a little in the middle to stop the chain slapping about so much??

just wanna clear it up, should have it tomorrow morning.

Also why do supermoto chains slap about so much?

Never seen a bike chain move about as much as this one does!!??

There have been many posts on this over the years. Get a heavy TM designs slider and put a half inch of High temp silicone gasket under it. Let it dry overnight and bolt on the slider with a long bolt right thru to the other side of the swingarm slider mount. Solves the swing arm chain slap wear issue. ?

• 4 weeks later...

old_level.jpg

And what everyone was banging on about doing....

The chain seems to stop slapping about as much now on the top, much more smooth, but I'm just a little worried that maybe there is more preassure on the guide than before, could this cause it to wear faster??

I did notice when I sit on the bike the chain gets tight (of course) and LIFTS up off the guide a bit, does this look right then??

100_0073_1.jpg

100_0075.jpg

I've never heard of anyone spacing the mount up with washers before... I think you're just supposed to mount it down like normal... ? Someone will be along to awnser, I'm sure. BTW, from what I've heard, most guys who run SM setups on Yam's "eat" chain sliders, due to the smaller CS sprocket & higher speeds.

You boys had any problem with the Chain rubbing the Sub Frame ??? Steve where did you order your chain slider from.....Fell the Need for a spare...

Cant remember now bruv but if you go here and contact (John)

http://www.macmoto.com

He can order you one.

I'm not gonna let anyone else touch my bike now this chaps been working on it.

Really nice guy, can get you ALL your bits and bobs, fits and supplys wheels/tyres and just about every other bit you will need.

Wondering if Jackazz might be right, mebby I should remove the washers, just thought if I keep it all in line it will line up better, when I sit on the bike the chain comes no where near the new bolt and washers due to the swingarm moving up and lifting the chain.

don't you mean smaller RR sprocket ?

Well, actually, from what I've heard, guys tend to run smaller sprockets front & rear, so I'm sure that doesn't help the slider much.

EDIT: I stand... er sit... actually, corrected. It appears that the biggest difference is reduction in size of the rear sprocket Most guys probably stick with the stock size front. Good catch S@V ?

Well, actually, from what I've heard, guys tend to run smaller sprockets front & rear, so I'm sure that doesn't help the slider much.

EDIT: I stand... er sit... actually, corrected. It appears that the biggest difference is reduction in size of the rear sprocket Most guys probably stick with the stock size front. Good catch S@V ?

ahh.....most people I know, go up to a 15 for the front and run 42 or there abouts for the rear...

leaving the stock 14 on and then runing a 39 or similar runs the chain way too close to the swing arm and round to tight a rdius for any decent chain life ! ?

Funners, is that you? ?

What you doin' on this here 'merkin forum? ? You might quickly become the unofficial WR forum supermoto "expert". Seems to be alot of people popping up here lately doing SM conversions. I've been posting links to VD for your countrymen for awhile now, but dunno if any of them have tried the place out.

? AHhhh Jackazz.........check my join date ! ?

Yeah, I noticed it after making the post... of course. ?

You still sporting your "Captain Morgan Parrot Bay factory leathers? ?

So if I understand correctly, you rid yerself of that italian 2 wheeled disaster & rejoined the ranks of the blue army?

(this is a propper threadjack, BTW... ? )

Yeah, I noticed it after making the post... of course. ?

You still sporting your "Captain Morgan Parrot Bay factory leathers? ?

So if I understand correctly, you rid yerself of that italian 2 wheeled disaster & rejoined the ranks of the blue army?

(this is a propper threadjack, BTW... ? )

? ROFL...well I still have my colourful leathers...YES !?

and err.....Italian ??? it was Swedish ! and it wasnt a disater...it was fun..but the chance for a WR rose and I took it ! ?