HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MichaelAngelo

wr 400

7 posts in this topic

OK GUYS, I NEED HELP ON A RIDING QUESTION. I HAVE A 2000 WR 400. PRO CIRCUIT EXHAUST (T-4),THROTTLE STOP OUT, AND RE-JETTED TO A 175 MAIN AND A 48 PILOT. THE BIKE IS FAST. LATELY, I HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE COMING OFF JUMPS AND LANDING WITH THE FRONT WHEEL POINTING VEERTICLE. I'VE NEARLY EATEN IT HARD A COUPLE OF TIMES. THE BIKE HAS A LOT MORE SNAP COMING OFF THE JUMPS THAN IT USED TO. HELP ME OUT HERE.

mICHAEL IN sACRAMENTO

When launching from a jump, you should look down and see your crossbar from the "Attack Position".

If you are already positioning yourself this way, you may be TOO HARD on the throttle upon takeoff...???

------------------

'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

Thanks for the advice Kevin. I guess I'm just hitting it too hard. I've needed to check my shorts after a couple of big jumps.

M

Just get on the back brake if the front's too high. Watch the top guys like Pastrana He'll hit a jump full throttle and the front wheel will be pointing skywards - then he hits the brake to bring the front down. Get's more distance than if he backs off going into the jump.

MXH

Thanks Ron...I'm Glad you said that....I've done that before...and the landing hurts like hell. Especially when you get run over by your own ride when it slows down and you keep going.... :)

Bonzai....... :D