HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
teamtoxic

Exhaust choice

7 posts in this topic

So I just picked up a new left-over '04 YZ450F. :cry: Now I need an exhuast so that I am USFD approved. Realize that I will be riding both tracks and trails.

The ProMoto Insert IS an option for me but aftermarket exhuasts tend to look better, and I wanted to see what you guys thought first.

I can get a White Bros R-Series exhaust for $160 right now through a clearance (some of you may have seen the ad I'm referring to). I'd like to know if any of you have any experience with this exhuast and what you think of it? Is it obnoxiously loud?

I had the WB E-Series on my 426 and while it worked well, I'd like to go a different route this time.

Any other suggestions? I'm working towards a degree and don't have the money to go out and spend $400+ on a system. I really just need something that is a good all around exhuast with the USFD approval.

Let me know what you think

Thanks!

BTW, I can't wait to ride this thing!!! I am looking outside my window watching the snow fall right now, what a shame. :cry:

Nick

Nick, I just installed a Dr.D system on my bike. It has a removable spark arrestor for the track. You can remove it in less than 5 minutes. You can get a slip-on for about $350. Wayne

Nick, I just installed a Dr.D system on my bike. It has a removable spark arrestor for the track. You can remove it in less than 5 minutes. You can get a slip-on for about $350. Wayne

And, the length of the Dr. D is quite a bit shorter than stock and some of the other aftermarket ones.

Keep it freshly packed and it's also not too loud.

Nice piece of hardware.

White Brother E2 it is USFD and is 96db legal. You can remove the core for race and I tell you the differance in power is only noise

Loud dont = power

I had the WB E-Series on my 426 and while it worked well, I'd like to go a different route this time.

Nick

Why is this? i am inteested in one and was wondering some of the pros and cons of it. could you help me out?