HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brsmith

05 wr450 oil filter, has anyone tryed this???

2 posts in this topic

The stock 05 is a paper filter...Is anyone using a washable filter from a older yz/wr. My 01 426 filter is the same length/dia.and was cleanable.. Has anyone tryed this??? :cry: smitty

I have'nt tried one yet, but I did buy one for my '04. I got both an '04 paper filter & an '02 metal mesh one. I figured for the first oil change I'd run the paper as it'll catch finer particles, but I think I'm gonna throw the mesh one in on the next oil change (after next ride).

The only concearn that I have is that the mesh filter will obviously flow more oil compared to the paper one, & you wouldn't think that could be a bad thing, but who knows... :cry:

Here's a link to an old thread that discussed some of this before.

I wonder if the '04 & '05 paper filters are the same? I wish Yamaha would hurry up & update their online parts catalog with ALL of the '05 models... :cry: