lesser forces on transmission with cam swap

Hello,

i know the cam swap thread and have already read all of the messages, but since my YZ426 01 broke down i have a question which is not discussed in this threat until now. Background: In the summer i tried a new huge table and have problems with a stable airtime. During my tries to bring my front wheel in a better landing position my engine went two times out and the following landing was all the time a struggle between surviving and crashing. The result of the second landing without running engine was a broken 3 gear. ?

I can imagine that the forces in the engine are huge if the motor will be started from the back wheel. Could a cam from a YZ450, because of the automatic decompressing system, reduce the forces at the TDC? A 450 cam is much cheaper than a new transmission.

Please don´t look at all the mistakes i wrote, but i´m a European student in NYC and still studying the language.

Regards Martin

Congratulations for the nice forum, the speed of changing informations is really impressive. ?

I can imagine that the forces in the engine are huge if the motor will be started from the back wheel. Could a cam from a YZ450, because of the automatic decompressing system, reduce the forces at the TDC? A 450 cam is much cheaper than a new transmission.

:

ABSOLUTELY!!! The cam makes the bike easy to bump start....which is what your doing if you kill it in mid air and hit the ground with a dead motor. I highly recommend the mod for many reasons and this is just another one of them.