Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dualsport newbie

XR650L Neutral?

8 posts in this topic

i have an 05 XR650L with about 200 mi on her. the neutral light comes on sometimes when i'm in 1st gear. has anyone else with a new XR650L had this happen? is there a quick fix?

There must be some kind of bug in there. I too own an 05 xr650l but the nuetral light does not come on in gear, sometimes it just won't come on, although I am in nutreal.

Is that in Canada somewhere :cry:

sorry dude couldnt resist :lol::D

Its fine... You got a good laugh out of me.. I can laugh at myself :cry::cry::cry::cry:

You could always disconnect the switch. My 600R obviously doesnt have a neutral light and the only time one might be handy is when I'm going to shut it down or idle for a bit. Other than that, you might look into adjusting it if possible. Another thing might be a sticking switch or a wire short.

i have an 05 XR650L with about 200 mi on her. the neutral light comes on sometimes when i'm in 1st gear. has anyone else with a new XR650L had this happen? is there a quick fix?

Did this happed before or after the "crash?" Check the wiring. If that looks fine there's not a lot you can do without taking the side case off. If all else fails, disconnect the switch.

This is off-topic but I disabled the neutral "switch" on mine so I can start the beast without the clutch being pulled in and with the kickstand being down. Definitely recommend this mod. :cry:

Too many idiot safetys on this bike. :cry:

Your have a valid warranty problem...

Solution: Take your bike in to your dealer, tell them what is happening and have it fixed for free on WARRANTY while you still can.

Happy New Year! :cry: