HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
budinsac

Edelbrock pumper for XR650L

7 posts in this topic

I have had my Edelbrock pumper on order with Barnums for a couple months now. I called them Monday and spoke with Rob's wife. She seems to be as frustrated as I am that they have not delivered the carbs yet. I got the sense that Edelbrock feels that there is a lack of interest in producing an application specific pumper carb for the 650L... So let me know if I'm the only one that wants a pumper for their L. I'll get your responses back to Edelbrock thru Barnums

Thanks

Bud

I wanna get one within the next few weeks for my L I cant wait lol. It sux that they dont make one for the L I guess thats because they dont think theres people out there that ride this bike seriously on/offroad like us :cry: . Mine is rejjeted right now with a white bros exhaust but im looking for more lowend and more snap to it which is what i hope to get with a pumper carb. :cry:

It must be poor planning / inventory management on Edelbrocks part or from one of their suppliers because this game has gone on a long time for all different models of their carbs. I've heard the frustration from several different Edelbrock dealers on wait times and thought the bulk of their supply & production issues were to be fixed a couple years back once they went to a cast float bowl assembly vs machined. I hope you get your carb soon. The wait was painful, but worth it for me :cry:

Just be aware that your fuel mileage will be quite a bit lower with a pumper....better get a big tank. :cry:

Personally, I rejetted my carb (in part with Budinsac's help :cry: ) and am happy with the power and range from my IMS 4 gallon.

Range is important in the Mojave...it gets really cold at night.... :cry:

Fuel mileage won't be lower unless the throttle is 'quickly' turned on and off a bunch of times while riding. If the throttle is twisted slowly or most of the riding consists of higher speeds with minimal throttle motion, the MPG will actually be improved with the Edelbrock when it's properly tuned.

Fuel mileage won't be lower unless the throttle is 'quickly' turned on and off a bunch of times while riding. If the throttle is twisted slowly or most of the riding consists of higher speeds with minimal throttle motion, the MPG will actually be improved with the Edelbrock when it's properly tuned.

yeah but who doesn't crack the throttle!? :cry: