Fluidyne radiators on YZ400?

I want to install some larger capacity Fluidyne radiators on my 98 YZ400. I did a search a found that some of you have also done this to your YZ400's. I understand that I will have to switch to 426 shrouds. My question is will I have any clearance issues with my Acerbis 3.4 gallon tank? I tried calling Fluidyne but they said the radiators were designed for the YZ426 and YZ450 and they weren't sure If they will fit my YZ400 with the larger tank. Thanks for the help. :cry:

I know that the radiator will fit with the IMS tank, I hope this will help you.

ive seen these rads for sale for my bike (00 426), but the ads dont say if they are a larger capacity than my stock rads.

does anyone know if these rads are really oversized?

its just too much coin to lay down for stock-sized radiators.

ive seen these rads for sale for my bike (00 426), but the ads dont say if they are a larger capacity than my stock rads.

does anyone know if these rads are really oversized?

its just too much coin to lay down for stock-sized radiators.

Ive had the Fluidynes on my 01 426 for about three months now and they seem to be performing quite well. I can not say from personal experience weather they are better then the stockers or not though, because when I bought this bike both rads were so badly damaged neither would hold water for any length of time. I do ride mainly "A" single track and the bike is flogged mercilessly up and down steep hills that reqiure mucho clutch work along with reving the piss out of it at slower speeds and so far the bike hasnt overheated once, but the temps have been rather cool as of late here in southern oregon so summer will tell the real tale I suppose.

As for size differences they are comparible in size to the stockers in most respects other then width, the fluids are 1/2 and inch thicker from front to back and the tanks on the top and bottom are deeper. Fluidyne claims there rads cooling passages are 30% larger then then stockers and I believe them. If you look down into the filler neck on the stockers you will see two paralell cooling passages where in the fluidynes its just one giant one with no seperation, so I would assume they hold more coolant although I have now way of proving it because my stockers are junk.

Also, this bike came with the Acerbis 3.4 tank and clearance wasnt an issue.