2005 WR 450 smog elimination kit.

Jeez those are gorgeous. I capped the intake and airbox with 50 cent vacuum caps from NAPA, and I am going to a friends shop tomorrow where he will weld the hole closed on the end of the fitting that fits in the head. Not quite as clean though. Nice job!

• 1 year later...

No performance gain from removing the AIS. It does eliminate the backfire and cleans up the bike by removing the hoses and body. Lowdogs kit is the TT kit you can buy from the store. There are a few guys here that feel that this kit is a rip off at the price they are charging.( Spend almost $7K for a bike and bitch about $33? ?) IMHO the price is negligible the kit looks good and professional when installed. Plus it goes to TT, where I have gotten untold amounts of advice on my bike for free. Yamaha also sells a kit with clamp plugs, #48PJ, jet needle, and a YZ throttle stop. You can get the kit for a little more than the TT kit.

Thanks for the compliments. The TT AIS elimination kit is a permanent removal. It doesn't add any performance other than eliminating the popping caused by the AIS. This makes dialing in your jetting way easier. It also allows for the use of some after market tanks that won't fit with the AIS installed.

? Lowedog

It also allows easier access to the Right side of the carb. Just that alone was enough to sell me. I found it clean and easy to install. I did the JD kit, TT AIS kit and Zip Ty mods at the same time. Opened up the exhaust and air box. The bike is monster. The guys I ride with that have older 426's that don't visit TT are impressed with my bikes performance.

• 2 months later...