HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hedgehorn

fmf ti4 and quiet core

3 posts in this topic

I am running the fmf ti4 system on my 2001 brp , I recently added dualsport lighting so that I can ride it on the street. My questions are about the quiet core insert for the ti4 system. I would like to know if anyone here has any expirience with them on the brp and if they quiet it down much and also if there was a big power loss with the quiet core installed. Thanks in advance, H-2 :cry:

Not sure if mine has the quiet core or not but I know that I am no where near the DB rating needed for some places. If you find that the quiet core gets you down to the legal db level let me know. :cry:

Had that system on my 99' yzf400. Added a "quiet core" insert. I already had the spark arrestor in it but needed it quieter. Well the QC is nothing more than a SA insert with a big washer welded over the hole to reduce the size of the outlet. $25.00 Ruined the sound big time, and was only slightly quieter. :cry: Didn't notice much diff. in power output, maybe alittle on top end. I think I could of made a better one on my own. Better than nothing if you don't have a choice though.