Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lowedog

Something to watch for on the '05

6 posts in this topic

This may have already been discussed but we found on my friends just purchased '05 450 that with the new routing of the crankcase breather tube that it is possible to get water into the breather tube via the airbox when washing the bike. Then when starting your bike you will suck water into your crankcase. :cry:

Make sure to pull the breather tube off at the airbox after washing to drain any water out of it before starting.

:cry:

Lowedog

It's routed to the airbox like most have done on prior models. The problem is the connection is right at the bottom of the airbox and the tube slant slightly downward out of the airbox letting water drain into it.

Lowedog

Now stupid question maybe, but where on the crankcase doe the breather tube attach, left of right side when sat on the bike?? I have an 04 wr450, and I know I need to re route some breathers, but cannot suss which ones. Is it one from each side of the carb, (does it matter which??) and the crankcase breather? IS there a breather from the rocker?

What does the crank breathe tube look like, colour size etc!?

Now stupid question maybe, but where on the crankcase doe the breather tube attach, left of right side when sat on the bike?? I have an 04 wr450, and I know I need to re route some breathers, but cannot suss which ones. Is it one from each side of the carb, (does it matter which??) and the crankcase breather? IS there a breather from the rocker?

What does the crank breathe tube look like, colour size etc!?

Click here for some good instructuions for the '03 450. It will be the same for the '04.

I also routed the 2 carb vent tubes that point straight up back to the air box. I ran them to the right side of the carb and up under the seat and into the opening on the airbox. This will prevent them from being plugged in deep water crossings.

:cry: Lowedog