Anyone tear up their Hot Start from Carb?

Cheap plastic fitting that strips out first time you remove it........anyone know of a alum or metal fitting to screw Hot Start into carb? What were they thinking when they made that piece of junk? :cry:

thanks

I have one on back order. Its a 3 dollar screw just go order now.

You mean like this one??

hotstart

Just like you Tryce, making the guy drool......

BC

Hey Tryce is your phone number still the same? I tried to call ya and it didn't answer.....

BC

Hey Tryce is your phone number still the same? I tried to call ya and it didn't answer.....

BC

Nope, the nextel contract was up and Stevie wanted to change. Will have a new number sometime next week. Tdub

You mean like this one??

hotstart

That is it Thanks -

I did on my 250 and just replaced it with a stock one. I now only tignten it with my fingers. This seems to last longer as I messed with my 450 just as much as the 250 but the threads are still good. They should have used a metal screw as the plastic will wear out no matter how careful you are. One of the dummest things I've seen. Especially, if you experiment with jetting.

I did on my 250 and just replaced it with a stock one. I now only tignten it with my fingers. This seems to last longer as I messed with my 450 just as much as the 250 but the threads are still good. They should have used a metal screw as the plastic will wear out no matter how careful you are. One of the dummest things I've seen. Especially, if you experiment with jetting.

Tell me about it - yesterday was jet testing day for me - just loosening the carb and turning it broke the threads and the hotstart cable itself....that was the end of the day for me - they dont run worth a damn without a working hotstart installed - :cry:

David,

You're not a damn mechanic! :cry:

Who the hell left an open toolbox anywhere near this guy! :cry:

I'm calling Mark........ :cry:

CALL ME....

Bonzai :cry:

FFRacing79,

OK, maybe I'm dumb for asking this but where did you get that one?

More to the point, how can I get one. . .?

$14.00 ordered yesterday along with new hot start cable - $12.00

FFRacing thanks again for the help :cry:

david