HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roadcam

ordered the Supertrapp IDS2 exhaust

3 posts in this topic

I just ordered the Supertrapp IDS2 exhaust for my XR650L ( catalog lists it as XR600, but I was told it fits both ) ... I have all the standard uncorking mods already done, and a few extra jets to play with, but am curious as to how many discs I should run to keep her on the quiet side, and still have some power gain ... any suggestions as to where to start ? ...( geared 14/45 right now ) ... thanks in advance ....

I have 9 disks on mine and it still idles under 95db. I tried 7 disks but it was running to rich, and it felt boggy at high speed. Also my temps drastically dropped when I put the Suppertrap on.

I never even gave a thought as to the engine temperature dropping ... that comes as good news, a bonus I never expected ... justifies my expenditure, thanks ...