HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hxr400

HUGE Acerbis LR Tank!

7 posts in this topic

This would have to be the biggest long range fuel tank I have ever seen!

Its made by Acerbis to fit the XR650.

I wonder how many litres that thing is! Probly about 50! (13 gallons)

Notice to dual filler caps? It must be to tanks, the long one under the seat and up the back, and the big one up the front!

HUGE! :cry:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

These have been around for awhile, they are the setup that Irondude is using for his Dakar effort. You can use the gas tank alone, I've been told that for prerunning remote areas it is just the ticket. I'd hate to have to pick up a Dakar bike with these tanks after a spill, lets see... 78 pounds of fuel, nav gear, etc, all up high on the bike. Fortunately Irondude is aptly named, he is strong! I'd need a crane. Here's a link to ID's webpage: http://www.kay-offroad.com/ .

Regards,

Wardo

Wow!! I bet that would add up to a 100lbs of fuel to the brp at least. Jeez why would you need that much? :cry:

I just got two of those tanks (the tank itself, not the underseat kit) for each of my BRPs a few months ago. For the average rider, they are overkill and even a hazard (a rock can potentially puncture the tank in the shroud area). However, I use my BRP 's for dual-sporting, and having 6 Gallons of gas is very nice (the Clarke tank worked OK, but still a bit small).

I just got two of those tanks (the tank itself, not the underseat kit) for each of my BRPs a few months ago. For the average rider, they are overkill and even a hazard (a rock can potentially puncture the tank in the shroud area). However, I use my BRP 's for dual-sporting, and having 6 Gallons of gas is very nice (the Clarke tank worked OK, but still a bit small).

This is just what i was looking for, where did you buy the tank and how

long did it take to get it.

thanks MAX

Max,

I took a quick look and the tank is available from Chapparral for $198. The part number is 257-1615-46, the seat tank is $296, part number 257-1617-46 with which you'd need to buy the Acerbis seat for $180, part number 257-6765-05.

Regards,

Wardo