The 2 smoke still rocks!

I took the TT250 out today with the girlfriend to run in the new engine. The old 91 YZ250B hadnt been riden for aboiut 6 weeks so I took it for a blast while the girlfriend was trying the TT out. Even though it's way slower than the 426, it sure as hell doesnt feel that way! Gotta love the combination of that 2 stroke hit with the bad manners of 13year old suspension ?

One of my riding buddy bought a 426 last year but he still owns an old 92yz250 ? . I like to ride this bike every once in a while just for the fun of riding a different bike ? . The yzs were cool and they are still cool, the smell is good too... probably toxic as hell ? but good ? .

I have a 1982 IT250 that would give my WR450 a run for sure.

Hey, I have an IT250J as well ? It's cool to take it out for a blast once in a while, totally different ride than my WR426, but awesome fun just the same. I think there will always be a 2 stroker sitting in my garage, just for kicks..... ?

Just bought myself the new 05 YZ250. What an awesome bike. I do believe I am quicker point to point on the YZ than I am on my 03 WR450.

About the only critizism I can level against the YZ is that it is a crap wheelie bike (better know how to use the rear brake otherwise you are in big trouble.) That and the firm suspension on rocks can make life difficult.

Otherwise power is great, excellent hillclimber (use the clutch), lightweight, wow after 4 years of big thumpers I was blown away how light it feels. New ali frame is a great handler, very stable front end makes railing corners easy.

Bottom line, I'm very happy to have a 2 stroke in the garage again.

About the only critizism I can level against the YZ is that it is a crap wheelie bike (better know how to use the rear brake otherwise you are in big trouble.)

Heheheheh

The 2 smoke makes wheelies challenging! They are almost too easy on the WR! ?

I'm still tryin to believe what I have read in these posts <rubs eyes>. 2 posts claim that their 21 and 22 year old bike can whoop up on a WR450?!?! I know that my 426 is faster than the 450s only because it is modded above and beyond them but give me a break. Not to mention, take those bikes on a set of bike swallowing whoops and it's game over. ?

I don't know which bikes are faster but there sure both fun as Hell to ride because they both are two different kinds of fast.Like the four stroke lots of low end too mid range rip but not as much hit like a two stroke.The two stroke needs high revs for power just made for rippin.Just the way I see it I love 2 Ride both kind of bikes but my big four stroke is more forgiving IU don't need revs to have power it there NO matter when I hit it.