what would you guys do, give me some advice

got back into riding after a 20 year layoff and bought a 03 yz450f, i like the bike and now know i can handle a 450, hear is the rub i like to keep my stuff as close to perfect as possible and my 03 is far from that, i also would have to put about 6oo bucks into my current bike to set it up the way i want it, i think i want a new 05, sounds like the suspension is good enough so that i will need is fat bars and a new chain and i am good to go, local dealers will only give me 2500 bucks in trade for my bike, what have you guys been selling your 03's for? thanks for any input

Make up your mind one way or the other and then be patient. If you truly want the new one than take the goodies off the old one and sell it in stock form and sell off the other stuff seperately. There really is nothing like bringing home a fresh one. I just did last night! ?

does anyone think that the new owners of '05 YZ450's are going to take a serious hit on used value next year when the '06 aluminum framed 450's hit the showroom floor? It already seems like the '04 YZ250's have dropped a fair amount? not sure though.

does anyone think that the new owners of '05 YZ450's are going to take a serious hit on used value next year when the '06 aluminum framed 450's hit the showroom floor? It already seems like the '04 YZ250's have dropped a fair amount? not sure though.

You can bet on it.... ?

Ask the guys with 426's when the 450's came out. ? As much improved as the CRF is this year, I bet Yamaha will pull out all the stops on the '06 YZF.

You know unless your a full on Racer I don't think the Aluminum Frame is gonna be a asset for trail riders.....I mean DUDE, I cow trailed BSA and TT 500s for

the longest time....In fact most of the same trails I ride on now and to be honest with you guys.....I think I had more fun.......Height wasn't an issue

like it is now....We went everwhere we wanted to go, so traction and horse power weren't an issue.....But price definetly is.....When I got my YZ450 I

called my long time friend Dick Mann, he already knew that I got the YZ450

The first thing he said was where are you gonna ride that tall bike? then he asked where are you gonna use all the HP it makes? I really had NO ANSWERS......I retired from full time racing in 1982......Cowtrailed a bit

and rode Harleys on the street......He said he wished I would have talked with him before I bought the new bike, because what I paid for the YZ450

I could have bought TWO of the Vintage bikes and come out and Raced with

Brad Lackey ,Buggs, and all the rest of the guys I used to ride with and have a great time riding a bike I was used to..... ?

His words PLAUGE me everytime I can't

make it through a tight section because of the seat height........BC