HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marcusmoberg

Backfire?

32 posts in this topic

I have been having a problem with my muffler backfiring when I let off the throttle after high RPMS! What is wrong? Is it my jetting?

Probably isn't a back fire. It may actually be the engines exploding on the PW-70's that you are drag racing.

LOL!!

It does sound ike you may be a bit lean Marcus, try going up on the main or lifting the needle one click.

IF it's just your muffler backfiring you should take that one off right away,it's probably gone bad.Put on a different one and keep drag racing any quad you come across. Now if you remove the carb, I definitly recommend installing a jet in it's place. LMFAO :cry::cry:

Yes---No Kidding---- and without your location being included , you may BE a stupid Canadian.

It wasnt backfire, it was a pot shot from a disgruntled TT'r who has to read your post here. :cry:

Main jet is easiest to get to, just take off your float bown (bottom bit of the carb) and its screwed in the bottom. You can loosen the carb and twist it round to get access to the screws.

NEEDLE IS MORE TRICKY, LOOK AT THE MANUAL!

Yes---No Kidding---- and without your location being included , you may BE a stupid Canadian.

marcus is a ragin'cajun i remember from his last thread bombardment. cajuns started out as canadians,at least they had enough sense to move! :cry: did you eat gumbo before the backfiring started? :cry:

Main jet is easiest to get to, just take off your float bown (bottom bit of the carb) and its screwed in the bottom. You can loosen the carb and twist it round to get access to the screws.

NEEDLE IS MORE TRICKY, LOOK AT THE MANUAL!

Thanks for the info! :cry: