Backfire?

I have been having a problem with my muffler backfiring when I let off the throttle after high RPMS! What is wrong? Is it my jetting?

Probably isn't a back fire. It may actually be the engines exploding on the PW-70's that you are drag racing.

I was looking for an answer to my question! :cry:

you will have better luck if you change your user id

LOL!!

It does sound ike you may be a bit lean Marcus, try going up on the main or lifting the needle one click.

How do you do that? Do you have to take the carbuerator out? Do you have to buy a jet kit? :cry:

IF it's just your muffler backfiring you should take that one off right away,it's probably gone bad.Put on a different one and keep drag racing any quad you come across. Now if you remove the carb, I definitly recommend installing a jet in it's place. LMFAO :cry::cry:

Do you think I am stupid? It's probably the engine making it backfire. You Canadians!

Yes---No Kidding---- and without your location being included , you may BE a stupid Canadian.

It wasnt backfire, it was a pot shot from a disgruntled TT'r who has to read your post here. :cry:

Main jet is easiest to get to, just take off your float bown (bottom bit of the carb) and its screwed in the bottom. You can loosen the carb and twist it round to get access to the screws.

NEEDLE IS MORE TRICKY, LOOK AT THE MANUAL!

You may have an exhaust leak...

Just wait until next summer and it will stop backfiring! :cry:

Yes---No Kidding---- and without your location being included , you may BE a stupid Canadian.

marcus is a ragin'cajun i remember from his last thread bombardment. cajuns started out as canadians,at least they had enough sense to move! :cry: did you eat gumbo before the backfiring started? :cry:

Or did you? :cry:

Main jet is easiest to get to, just take off your float bown (bottom bit of the carb) and its screwed in the bottom. You can loosen the carb and twist it round to get access to the screws.

NEEDLE IS MORE TRICKY, LOOK AT THE MANUAL!

Thanks for the info! :cry:

You may have an exhaust leak...

You think so? How can I tell if I do?

plug the end of the muffler....if you hear exhaust escaping you have a leak.....

Replace your Powerband.

Replace your Powerband.

LOL! :cry::cry::cry::cry: