XR 600 speedometer

Does anyone know if there is any available alternative to the Trail Tech speedometer motorcycle computer???

I know that this unit is jam up, but was looking for an alternative.

This will be for a 93' XR600

I'm going to buy the ICO Dualsport for $120 from www.bajadesigns.com which is supposed to be much tougher than the Trail Tech. I know that ICO makes the Rallysport as well, which has many more features at quite a bit more. Good Luck, Walt

Not that long ago ATK had a pile they were getting rid of cheap. alot of people bought two because it was such a deal. You might find someone with a spare they'll sell you.

I had been trying to get one of the ATK units but ended up modifying a $10 bicycle computer form walmart to work on my XR400. Depending on the features you are looking for in a unit this may be a cheep alternative. I JB welded the magnetic pickup in the front rotor and lengthened the wire with light speaker wire. The whole install only took an hour and a half and a couple beers

I bought 2 of the ATK ones and after using one was a little disappointed you can't preset the odo, only reset to zero (Only a problem in enduros). Other than that is is great. So if you want the 2nd one let me know.

Hello! I just posted for putting a speedo on a CRF 230. If you want the factory Honda set up, you can find the parts at Bike Bandit.

By Honda parts you mean the drive parts at the wheel? I assumed the XR600 already had that stuff stock, and just needed the actual speedo.

I had been trying to get one of the ATK units but ended up modifying a $10 bicycle computer form walmart to work on my XR400. Depending on the features you are looking for in a unit this may be a cheep alternative. I JB welded the magnetic pickup in the front rotor and lengthened the wire with light speaker wire. The whole install only took an hour and a half and a couple beers

Do you have, or could you take, photos and explain exactly how you mounted it? I'm planning on trying this on my wifes TT-R125LE.