HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
99raptor

steering stabilizer

5 posts in this topic

gonna get a steering stabilizer for myself for christmas. i have an 04 yz450f and ride the desert exclusively. should i get the scotts or the gpr? and why?any bad experiences from either of these? :cry::cry:

I've ridden and raced with a Scotts , GPR, WER and RTT. The WER is great for eastern style rocks and woods, but is very hard to adjust on the fly. I liked the integrated nature of the RTT and the thumb adjuster quite a bit. The GPR was OK, but I've had two fail. I liked the Scotts the most, it seemed to damp the best, it is very adjustable and from my experience the most reliable of the bunch. I was talking to a friend who has WAY more experience than myself who said every brand has failed on him at one time or another while racing. Still my final vote is for a Scotts.

Wardo

I have been racing with the Scotts for 5 years and it has Never let me down once. Periodic maintenance such as changing the fluid every year is all that I have had to do with mine.

Bonzai :cry:

It's unanimous then -- we all vote for the scotts dampers.

I have 2 scott's dampers (one on each bike) and have never had a problem with either one - the only other brand I have tried was a WER and I wasn't impressed with lack of adjustability although it did seem to do it's job - I haven't tried anything else and probably never will since I've been happy with the scott's units.