Market value for 02 YZ426F

There is a 2002 YZ426F coming up for auction this Friday and I am curious to know what a reasonable price to pay would be. I called the auction company and they said it was a clean bike and there is no reserve. I am gonna do a search on ebay for similar, but want feedback as to the value of this bike.

Is the 2002 YZ426F a good bike to buy? I have an 03 YZ250F, but if this can be purchased for a reasonable price, I may go for it.

Cheers,

mike :cry:

2500 if its SUPER CLEAN. I paid 3100 for a 03 450 that was in good shape.

The 2002 model is a nice bike, mine has not ever had a wrench turned on it, besides oil changes. I think the average retail value is higher than $2500.

I've seen lots of people asking $2900-$3400 in Colorado when I was living there. Granted this is what people were asking. I have no idea what they were actually getting. That was this summer so things will have changed a little since then. If it's in good shape and you can pick it up for around $2500-$2700 usd I would think it's a good deal.

As far as the bike itself goes, the '02 was a good bike :cry: . By '01 they had the kinks worked out pretty well. It's a really versatile motor and basically bullet proof in the reliablility department. Downside is it's pretty heavy compared to the 450's. I have an '01 and still really like it even after moving up to a 450. I'd deffinately consider it if the price is right.

Thanks for the replies. The auction is Friday, I'll let you know what happens. In the meantime keep the replies and opinions coming...man I love this site!

mike :cry:

being from canada will make a big difference. as others are saying 2500, here in southern california a clean '02 426 will run you 3500-4500. i paid 2900 for my '00 and it was really clean. never abused. and i thought i got a really good deal on it.

I have a very clean hardly used 2002 YZ 426 for sale in Canada..Max 10 hrs on it...$5100.00 shipped to you...