HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Titanium Fink

05 vs 04 WR450F

4 posts in this topic

Haven't been on an '04, but I picked up my '05 a couple days ago. 25 miles so far, so still breaking it in. I know I need to do the free mods (throttle stop, grey wire, etc). Biggest dissapointment is the sound/power. They have taken all of that hot air (exhaust) and forced it through a little 3/4" hole at the back of the bike! This thing needs to breathe and I can feel it. From a couple other posts, once the free mods are done it really turns into a 'mr hyde' :cry: . Looking into an exhaust system and will probably go with Dr. D.

I rode my new 05 450 wr for the first time yesterday...Before it left the garage I did the following...

removed the air pump... capped with automotive type rubber caps..

uncorked the exhaust. ..

JD jet kit...170 mj..blue needle 3 clip down..fuel screw 1-3/4 out..

removed overflow bottle and ran over flow hose down in the front..

replaced wr rear fender with a 2.6 pound less weight yz fender...

removed odometer..and cable...

removed air box plug..

removed approx 8lbs of bull s*#@t yamaha think a race bike needs..It doesn't.

installed cycra pro bend hand guards...

installed heavy tubes, and m12 up front, s12 michelin on rear..

installed a hour meter to keep track of time for oil changes..

It does not have the hit of my old 2001 426yz, but sometimes less is more.. I rode all woods on Sunday, very slick from the rain we have had here in Missouri. The bike was a little stiff(from being new) but it worked fairly well..Need more time to get the forks and shock broke in..I am happy with my new ride... :cry: