I REALLY need a YZF tank...

U.S. 1-866-782-4600

outside U.S. 818-782-4600

------------------

'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

On the 98/99, the YZ and WR have IDENTICAL shrouds.

According to ACERBIS, the YZ400 and 426 have DIFFERENT shrouds, i.e. the 98 tank will not fit up w/ 2000/2001 shrouds.

You do have to have a YZ seat/seat-base to go with the tank!!

Either OEM, IMS, or SDG YZ seat will work. SDG is the cheapest.

The IMS seat is a the Dougie Henry Replica. It is slightly taller than OEM.

------------------

'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

Actually the problem with the 98/99 shrouds is not with the 00/01 tank. I think the tanks are all the same, as far as fit goes. The 98/99 shroud only got changed at the radiator mount bolt area. When I sold my 99 YZF I kept a set of 99 shrouds for my new 01. They fit on the tank just fine, but the mounting angle for the radiator mount bolt is very different. You can probably make an adapter but I didn't bother.

So if you have an 00/01 bike, you need 00/01 shrouds for a factory fit (the shrouds must match the 00/01 radiators). But any YZF tank will work, even on the 250Fs.

[This message has been edited by mikeolichney (edited 07-18-2001).]

Mike, As Ed McMahon would say "You are correct sir!!!" I kept my old shrouds off my 98 so I could use them on the 01 and they would not fit at the bottom hole going into the radiator. So they ARE different. Im not sure what year Yamaha changed the radiators but I know that the 98's wouldnt work on the 01 cause I tried.

PS. I dont think he'll give you a petcock or the tank mounts with the tank ?

My buddie has a 98 yz 400 he is willing to trade you his tank and seat for your wr tank and seat. do you have a yz seat and wr tank or a wr seat and wr tank? any way he said he would do it and you keep your shrouds and he will keep his. If this will work could you all let me and wayne know. wayne let me know if you are interested. If so i will give you my buddies Phone # and you can talk to him. se ya ?