Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chukkar

Jetting needles

9 posts in this topic

I have completed my timing change from WR to YZ. I now wish to purchase the EKP (5jg-14916-ep) needle. I have searched all the previous posts and internet and have not found anywhere to buy the parts in the USA except from a Yama dealer. I did see where I could get them in Oz, but is there anywhere closer?

By the way the new timing substantially motivates the mid and upper range. I didnt notice much loss on the bottom.

---------------

01 WR426, YZ timed, Grey Wire disconnected, SDG seat, YZ tank, Acerbis hanguards, Forks lowered.

SUDCO has everything you need. Cannot find the number though.

------------------

'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

Kevin,

SUDCO does not show any parts or part numbers on thier web site. I sent them an e-mail to ask. Is there any other online source?

The needle EKP is a Yamaha only part. Sudco will carry needle EMP which is one clip position leaner (use clip #4 or 5).

The Yamaha needle is OBEKP, the OB indicates it is a hard coated needle. Cost is about $15. The Sudco needle is OCEMN, where the OC is a brass type needle. This will only cost about $8. The Yamaha needle is more durable but more costly.

Sudco- 1-800-998-3529

Carb Parts Warehouse- www.carbparts.com

James

If anyone is interested, I have a YZ timing kit from Baja Design for the 400. Bought it,old enough to realize I don't need it. It has all the jets, needle, and directions.

Ron,

Could you post the jets you received in the kit and a briefing of the instructions? Enquiering minds want to know :)

Thanks

Bill

------------------

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards , Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

Sudco carries the OCEM- series needles and many others that are OC type, but not the OBEJ-, OBEK-, or OBEL- needles. The OBE-- versions are only available from Yamaha.