Which exhaust for xr650L

Ok guys, and gals, I want to take from your experiences and ask what aftermarket exhaust you have. Pros and Cons of each and would you pick the same one again or pick another.

I am leaning to the White brothers E-series right now.

my freind has the fmf q series on his and i have it on my dr650 as well. it is a great pipe, not too loud so you won't get popped by the rangers and opens it up enough that you will need to rejet it.

fmf q less sound equals more ground :cry:

I have the E-Series on mine and it is great. I did have to re-jett, but the instructions tell you to try it with the stock jetting. I didn't notice a big difference with the new jet, but the pipe made a huge differnce form stock. I think any aftermarket pipe will improve the power. Happy shopping :cry:

Ok guys, and gals, I want to take from your experiences and ask what aftermarket exhaust you have. Pros and Cons of each and would you pick the same one again or pick another.

I am leaning to the White brothers E-series right now.

Stay with pipes that have the disc system, like White Bros. Also stay with the quiet series. I run the Supertrapp IDS2-QS slip-on and really like it. Not too loud, tuneable and it has a decent sound.

A buddy of mine has a Big Gun Race Core full system on his XRL and it is LOUD! That wears on you to the point that you the rider, let alone others, will need earplugs to deal with the noise. It makes bigger power, but at a bigger cost in more ways than just dollars.

Rejetting is almost always mandatory after putting on a pipe. The fuel mixture is already lean and gets worse once you start modifying the exhaust or intake systems.

Happy modding.

Had a Pro-Circiut T 4, very L O U D but also very F A S T !

I agree with DualDog about the BigGun Race Series. I just bought a used 2001 XR650L and it came with that thing.

I got pretty quick enough of that noise, so I went ahead and got this vortex insert for roughly $50. That brought the noice down alot to an aceptable range.

My neighbors already compared my XR with an helicopter without the insert ;-))

Det

Thanks for the input ya'll. It will all come down to price and availability at the local shop I guess.

Jetting is a must do, as well as a new air filter and de-smog stuff.

the E-series is very good I have it on mine and it really wakes the bike up. only real problem is its kinda loud but that depends on where you ride. Im planning on getting the header this winter. :cry: