Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BoffoRider

What do I need to replace the crankcases?

6 posts in this topic

I bent in the bottom of one of my crankcases and it leaks oil like crazy. I am resigned to the fact that I am going to have to replace them. Besides the cases themselves, what parts, if any, will I also have to replace (ie gaskets etc)?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,

Bofforider

You may be able to save/repair them. Don't give up so soon, can you post pictures or describe the damage?

You may be able to save/repair them. Don't give up so soon, can you post pictures or describe the damage?

YZ DAD is right I have repaired broken cases before, depending on how bad the

damage is a cofident TIG welder can repair the damage and you won't have to

replace them.....Pictures would help me tell you more...don't get your hopes up

because if their broken near or on a gasket surface (seam) your going to have to replace the cases.....but if its just a crack in the case itself, you can patch it up with a TIG repair......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/billcalicura/caserepair.jpg BC

The case is not so much broken but bent. I must of come down hard on a rock somewhere because the bottom of the left case, about an inch and a half in front of the drain plug is pushed/bent up. The right side is still fine but the two sides don't match up on the seam/gasket surface. Is it possible to beat it back into alignment with the "good" side?

Thanks,

Bofforider

Yoo a complete gasket kit. I also suggest you do all the seals while your in there. Maybe a top end if it has been a while.