How do I remove stripped screws on carb?

I wanted to take my carb apart and clean the carb but I found that all the screws are stripprd. Any ideas how to get them out?

I had the same problem on my float bowl screws. I had to pinch then with small vice grips and if that doesnt work try notching them so you can use a big flat head screwdriver. Use the same size alan screws to replace them. I havent had a prob since.

Put your screw driver on the head of the screw now smack the screw driver with a hammer :cry:

The screw is to stripped to even do that.

I had the same problem on my float bowl screws. I had to pinch then with small vice grips and if that doesnt work try notching them so you can use a big flat head screwdriver. Use the same size alan screws to replace them. I havent had a prob since.

This is the only way your going to get them out now that their wollowed out..

BC :cry:

after you get them out replace them with hex screws.

Put your screw driver on the head of the screw now smack the screw driver with a hammer :cry:

That frees up the rust and corosion. Also use some penatraiting oil. You might have to use an easy out. Or drill them. A stud welder would work awesome!

Mine did the same thing...Smallest vice-grips wouldn't fit...drilled off heads....Vice-Grips fit after I drilled heads off and got float bowl out of the way. Just be sure to clean out the carb extremely well before you put it back together with a little anti-seize on threads of the new bolts/screws.

You can also use a left handed drill bit (got mine from the Snap-On guy). Nine times out of ten you never make it all the way through with the drill before the screw breaks loose..

I take a hack saw blade and make a slot across the screw head and use a flat blade screwdriver. Sometimes you have to break a piece off of the blade and use a vice grips to hold it.

Either needle nose vice grips or just use a drill running in reverse and apply pressure. It will slowly chew the material away and also back the screw out

Go to Sears. Craftsman makes a tool called the screw out. It costs about

$ 20.00 and has 3 different sizes. This is the best tool for this.

Yeah the best way is with vice grips it happened to me with thoes stupid brass screws ! it helps if you bring all of your screws to a local hardware store and tell them to match them exactley to allen Wrench heads you wont be sorry. :cry: best of luck to you :cry: