HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yamiwr450

is this normal???

6 posts in this topic

:cry: i've got a brand new 04 wr450 with only 91 miles on it, and the other day i started it...after only 20 seconds the pipe was GLOWING bright red!!! is this normal???

Yes normal a lot of people have asked the same question including me but yes they run very hot I lost a pair of pants real quick with my white bros.header.

Yes, normal, now with some throttle under load, it wont glow. Running down the trial under a load will cool it down, but its still short of glowing red. My 426 did it, the new 450 does it. I also have a new 04WR450F with about 90 miles on it also! :cry:

I don't know about you guys, but mine won't glow "bright red" after only 20 seconds...

Are you sure it isn't running lean on the bottom?

I have a 225 and it does the same thing, bright red glow when it warms up to operaring temperature.

Mine does the same thing (05 WR450). A mechanic said it was because the pipe was made of Titanium. It's fine though a couple hundred miles later. I haven't noticed it as bright lately.