? on 00 yz426

Just joined TT today first post of any kind. I purchased an 00 426f and was wondering if i could get some help. My first question would be is there an exhaust pipe that can be purchased to eliminate the pain of having to disconnect the head pipe every time you change the oil filter. second question padding on the seat is not enough any one use an SDG or other replacement seat, if you have did you use the tall or just regular replacement seat. thanks for your help. As for being new to TT i have visited the site before but this is the first time i have posted. i will let my yamaha brothers know that i also own a honda crf 450. i have enjoyed the new thumpers of today. To me it doesn't matter what color it is, they are all good. any way thanks a lot fellows.

Welcome!

Most all aftermarket head pipes (and 2001-2002 stockers) will allow you to change the oil filter without removing the pipe.

Also, ALOT of us use SDG seats.....I highly recommend the tall seat.

Most all head pipes will solve the problem. Try some paded shorts as well.

I ran SDG seats on my RM and KX, loved them

Thanks to all for the reply guys, i know i'm only fours years behind yamaha time. i got here as fast as i could. this 426 is a great machine, i like it

welcome

a stock 2001 yz426 header pipe will also do the trick.

Hopefully you already know this, but you don't have to remove it, just loosen it at the head and the pipe. Then you can twist it up enough to have access to that top screw...Now, if you're looking for less weight or more power then you may want to go aftermarket, but definitely not worth buying an '01 or '02 oem though. :cry:

Just joined TT today first post of any kind. I purchased an 00 426f and was wondering if i could get some help. My first question would be is there an exhaust pipe that can be purchased to eliminate the pain of having to disconnect the head pipe every time you change the oil filter. second question padding on the seat is not enough any one use an SDG or other replacement seat, if you have did you use the tall or just regular replacement seat. thanks for your help. As for being new to TT i have visited the site before but this is the first time i have posted. i will let my yamaha brothers know that i also own a honda crf 450. i have enjoyed the new thumpers of today. To me it doesn't matter what color it is, they are all good. any way thanks a lot fellows.

is there an exhaust pipe that can be purchased to eliminate the pain of having to disconnect the head pipe every time you change the oil filter.

White Brothers Low Boy Header, also the FMF Power Bomb. I am curious, I have the stock header I dont have to do this, Is the header bent or stock?

Dont know much about the seat so wont answer My 2x6 feels just grand :cry:

You want to get some good helpfull stuff for the 426 go here

Motoman393 Go to Tech Articles :cry:

Once done head over to the Write up and explain of the GBMod

GBmod Explained

The 2000 426 had a terrable clutch

Do a search on clutch fix and find out what its about as well, here is the parts list for the 2000 --> 2001 clutch mod

5JG-16321-00-00 PLATE, FRICTION

5JG-16383-00-00 SPRING, CLUTCH BOSS

5JG-16384-00-00 PLATE, SEAT

93511-32027-00 BEARING, BALL (PUSH ROD ASSY.)

5BE-16356-00-00 ROD, PUSH 1

5JG-16357-10-00 ROD, PUSH 2

5JG-15453-00-00 GASKET, CLUTCH COVER

Welcome to TT

Welcome to TT its a good place to find out how to do stuff ...Its also a good

place to hang out on a rainy day or when your torn up from a crash.....

Whatever the reason your here ...........Im BC HOW YOU DOIN?

thanks for the info john, i will definately check it out.

thanks for the welcome, TT is a great place to get all kinds of info.

I also own a 2000yzf and the first thing I did was put the sdg seat on, excellent choice, I have had it on every bike. Go with the tallest one

mxdream

The Dr. D. system worked great on my '00 426. It looked good, ran great, and

allowed me to access the oil filter without having to loosen the head pipe.

Just my $.02...

Lots of people who buy aftermarket pipes sell their stock ones on E-bay...I have seen 01+ stock headpipes go for as little as $15 bucks.. Also, there are people there who buy perfectly good running bikes, rip them apart, part them out peice by piece... :cry: ...must be profitable or they wouldn't do it ....and the buyers get super good deals..( compared to buing parts from your local yamaha "stealer" )

Definetly do the clutch mod, it makes a world of difference :cry:

Hey,

I'm almost positive that a 2001 header won't clear the oil cover for the filter. you need to go aftermarket.

Pro circuit will clear