HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stroken

Suspension Advice

6 posts in this topic

My buddy and I both upgraded from 03 450's to 05 450's. From what I understand, our bikes come from the factory set up for 180lbs riders. I weigh 200-210 and my buddy weighs 230lbs (fat a$$es :cry: ) We ride mostly whooped out desert trails and some track. Along with long streches of deep whoops, we hit some fairly large jumps.

I was told the other day that my stock suspension is not giving me even close to the ride that it should. I need to know what steps I need to take to get this ride. I've read several posts on changing springs, valves, etc.

Please give me advice as to where to start....

Do I replace both fork springs and the rear?

How do I know what spring to get?

Do I re-valve as well?

Can I do it myself or do I have to send them somewhere?

What are the costs involved in getting the right set up?

I appreciate any advice....

Having it set up right will make a huge difference, it will probally cost you around $450.00 to 500.00 for everything and that is if you have it done. You can probally do it yourself cheaper!

If you want call my buddy Eric Trost at fatmaxracing.com. He'll set you up good. He's not that expensive either. For springs and valving its 200 bucks an end. If you mention I sent you he'll give you 10% off. He is very good at what he does.

I bought an 05 YZ250 and I weigh 210 pounds. I called Factory Connection and bought springs front and rear. I asked if a revalve was needed. I was told it wasn't. The suspension is good enough stock. They said to lessen the compression dampening and add some rebound with the clickers and the bike would be fine.

I was told I would really happy with the 05 suspensions.

For the 05, I would just say go get it resprung, don't worry about the revalve. Save money and you'll get what is needed from the suspension.