HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OneLow64Caddy

Is 113 octane unleaded ok for a 04 yz450f?

15 posts in this topic

It won't hurt anything, but it will not increase performace either. Higher octane does not equal higher energy potential. Ultimate 4 is only 93 octane.

I also have never believed that I got a performance increase by burning it. I have an outlet to get it a a very reasonanble price and I believe that the quality and consistency of the fuel is much greater than what I can get out of some Exxon gas pump.

will it harm the bike though?i have 5 gallons of 113 already.should i not use it or mix it with some 91?

I would mix it with pump gas maybe 50/50 with 92.......113 has a slower flame front to reduce detonation from very high compression, which as Tryce said

your stocker doesn't need.........In fact it will probably run faster with

the 92 pump gas........

To obtain the maximum energy from the gasoline, the compressed fuel-air

mixture inside the combustion chamber needs to burn evenly,

Quote from your artical......you answered your own question

slower burning fuel, not for stockers........

BC

If your gonna run race gas run U4 or MR2 or what ever else is oxygenated. Higher octane that 95 loses power period. I know I am going to start crap and lots of people are going to become rocket scientists/factory mechanics but go ride your bike with 113 and see. Its now slower.

the higher your compression the higher the octane you will need not to detonate

for 12.3:1 any pump super is fine

for 13.5:1 and up you SHOULD use race gas

will it hurt your bike to run higher ...no

but its a wast of money ..burn what you got then stay with pump super till you do work to the bike

When I was at the "All Harley Fun Drags" years ago I had forgotten my gas jug

back at home, I made several passes to get a "Dial In Time" and had to borrow

some fuel from one of the other Racers........I asked what he had in the can

and he replied Av-Gas......Not being too familiar with "Av Gas" I just filled my tank.....Well it ended up being 115/145 octane and my bike was running 170

lbs cranking pressure compression and ran so slow I got blown away by guys that I usually beat :cry: It was the gas that slowed my bike up....still ran OK

but not as crisp as with the regular pump gas I jetted it with.......

Turned out to be a wasted weekend both ego and money wise....learned a good lesson that day. DON"T BORROW FUEL FROM ANYONE unless its for your ride home...

BC :cry:

its awful expensive to run vp or cam 2 or whatever. mix it 2 parts premium pump gas to 1 part expensive ass race gass and youll be fine

I work at a race shop and the techs all agree that the stock yzf is designed for pump gas, race gas is a total waste of money. make sure you go to a BRANDED station, (one owned by an oil company, that has to run quality gas) and you should be fine.

Modded yzf's, on the other hand, (high comp. piston, cams, ignitions,) will benefit from higher octane. But no race gas can equal the oxygenated fuels like ultimate 4, because they actually MAKE horsepower.

I work at a race shop and the techs all agree that the stock yzf is designed for pump gas, race gas is a total waste of money. make sure you go to a BRANDED station, (one owned by an oil company, that has to run quality gas) and you should be fine.

Modded yzf's, on the other hand, (high comp. piston, cams, ignitions,) will benefit from higher octane. But no race gas can equal the oxygenated fuels like ultimate 4, because they actually MAKE horsepower.

Finally some "GOOD" advice on octane and race gas..... :cry: