HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
azwr450f

Valve Adjustment

5 posts in this topic

I ride it pretty hard but not in the high R's so much. I went 1500 miles before checking mine and the intakes were a bit tight and just sanded the shims down about .002 and polished them up to put in the middle of the specs. My exhaust were still in the middle of the specs. When I get a shim set from TT the next time I order something I'll replace them.

Not sure what you're asking? :cry:

Adjusted mine after about 2 years when I put in my 450 auto-deco cam. All were in, but some were a little tight if I remember right. Made a couple changes just to be on the loose side. Still rev the bike when I need to. :cry:

I ride it pretty hard but not in the high R's so much. I went 1500 miles before checking mine and the intakes were a bit tight and just sanded the shims down about .002 and polished them up to put in the middle of the specs. My exhaust were still in the middle of the specs. When I get a shim set from TT the next time I order something I'll replace them.

Thanks for the advice :cry::cry: